BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Mayan Tarot: Ritual Worries

I addressed the Mayan God Hunab Ku in this reading, to help me understand my upcoming ritual, which is a giant smash-up of at least 4 different cultures, not including musical accompaniment.

1. The inner and sacred spirit-The Mad Minstrel (The Fool)
The Mad Minstrel dances to the beat of his own drum. He stakes out his own path, completely different from the tribe. And he loves it. To others, the Mad Minstrel is crazy, but he is the one they will come to for advice. The Mad Minstrel has strong intuition.
The Mad Minstrel is me. I’m staking out my own religion (that sounded a bit too cult-y, didn’t it?) Taking elements of things that I know and love, and filling in the rest with modern Wicca. Some Pagans will tell you that this is crazy and I’m never going to truly be in touch with the Divine, but, like the Mad Minstrel, I have great intuition.

2. The East-A Messenger (Page of Cups) Reversed
When the Page of Cups is reversed, it represents a “Jack of All Trades”, someone with a lot of shallow knowledge about many topics. I feel this way a lot regards to my upcoming ritual. The East position symbolizes that something here must be followed to a solution.
Perhaps this means that I shouldn’t worry about this knowledge, for it is actually a good thing I know so much about many topics, because then I can work with them in a ritual context, and see which I should develop further.

3. The West-A Traveler (Three of Wands)
This card says that, in order to prepare for a journey, one must always look ahead to check for any difficulties and gather supplies. Hah! I love to gather Pagan supplies. I’m obsessed with it.
The Western position symbolizes things that are in your way. This is a big one. I recently ordered a ton of statues, incense, and some other things from Sacred Mists. I love this store very much, but they don’t update their website quite like they should. Anyway, I’m freaking out because one thing I really need for one of my altars was backordered to June 1st. It’s now been 5 days and it hasn’t shipped yet. And, it’s very safe to say I’m freaking out. In total, there are 6 things backordered, and they are all pretty important. Perhaps this is what’s getting in my way. If my items aren’t here by June 20th, I’ll be a mess and I think I’ll have a hard time with the ritual itself. It seems really silly when I put it out on paper, but there it is.

4. The North-Protected Traveler (Five of Wands)
The five of wands shows a tired traveller, deep in the forest away from his home. He is not scared, however, he is confident that the Gods will protect him.
The North position is hidden wisdom, or something actively forgotten due to a jumble of other things. In this case, I seem to forget that my Patron deities (ironically, one is Mayan) will look out for me in the context of this ritual. I may not have all my “goodies” from SM, but they will help me remember that, in the long run, it’s about a connection to the Gods, not the items, and I can call upon other Gods, even if I don’t have a statue for them.

5. The South-Hunab Ku (Nine of Swords)
This card represents controlling emotions and thinking logically, which in this case is considered good. This card also represents reflection. This card says that every reflection or meditation will be fruitful.
The South position represents the conduct which I will need to adapt for the ritual. Though I should not just be “going through the motions”, being overly emotional and nervous about it won’t do me any good. Relaxation exercises will probably help immensely.

6. Above-Hunab Ku (Eight of Cups)
Another representation of Hunab Ku, the God who I called upon at the beginning of this. This card represents the life force of all. It is the balance and maturity of the soul.
The above position represents divine energies and the higher spiritual influences, and help from the Gods. This card, from what I can tell, then states that this ritual is going to be a first step to religious maturity. Already, after June 21st, I have plans for an eclipse ritual for the full solar eclipse taking place in July.

7. Below-Fans of Passion (Six of Cups)
Uhh...let me just copy word-for-word from the book... “Cherish the memory of your lover’s erotic embrace and continue to fan the fires of passion.”
Well, I don’t have a lover!
The Below position represents the primordial instinct and influence of the body.
Well, you don’t get much more primal than sex, but I’m honestly not thinking about it at all. Relationships, though they are nice, I don’t feel like I need right now.
This one needs a bit more thinking on my part. Any ideas?