BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mystic Faerie Tarot: Combating Fear

1. What you need to know most about what you fear: Queen of Swords
This card symbolizes being true to your emotions. Though you may feel like shutting down emotions when you’re nervous and ignoring the pit in your stomach, it’s more beneficial to listen to your feelings, but think with your head, other than listening with your head, and thinking with your heart.

2. What aspect of your fear is real: Six of Cups
There is something missing from my life, that I used to have in this past. I think this card represents the fact that I’m not really practising my religion at home on a day-to-day basis, I’m a little obsessed with getting everything first. So, I’m living in the past, when my room was pretty much spiritually safe. Now wandering spirits can come in.

3. How you can combat it: Judgement
This card represents that there is something you can be doing. In my case, I think it’s that I’m not doing anything with religion anymore, and my room is that of an average college dorm, rather than a relaxing place for me to escape and keep sacred.

4. What aspect of your fear is an illusion: Six of Pentacles
This card represents that it’s okay to accept help. I think I’m almost afraid to call on spirits for help because I don’t want to seem like a bother. So, that adds another level of fear: one of being an annoyance. This card is showing me that I don’t need to be afraid of that anymore.

5. How you can banish the illusion: Three of Swords
This card traditionally symbolizes getting in touch with your sadness and mourn a loss properly. I think in my case, it’s telling me to get in touch with my emotions in general. Maybe using them as a catalyst to form a tighter relationship with my patron deities, instead of just calling on them when I’m scared.

6. What you fear most: The Priestess
This card is telling me to immerse myself in my religion. I think I’ve always been a little wary of practising what the books say. I love my religion dearly, but when it comes to thinks like rituals, especially with more than one person around, I feel silly. I mean...”smart” people don’t have religions, they think more logically. I fear both losing my religion, and making a fool of myself by saying I’m a Pagan. I think this is a very deep fear I have, more deep than what the rest of this reading has been about: my fear of the dark.

7. How you can overcome it: Wheel of Fortune
This card represents learning to understand the cycle of life. We will all have days of fear, and days of being perfectly alright. As soon as I understand this concept, I’ll be able to feel more at ease in the dark.

8. What you will learn by overcoming this fear: Temperance
When I conquer my fear of the dark, I’ll be able to have a blissful, stress-free falling asleep time. It can take me a while to fall asleep, no matter how tired I am, so having that time be relaxing would be really awesome.