BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Necronomicon Tarot: Health and Happiness

I've been on a huge H.P. Lovecraft kick but not on purpose, so it's really funny to me that I randomly drew out this deck.

1. The state of your health in the past-Five of Wands
This card symbolizes that my health has always been in strife. This is really true, until very recently I was always stuffed up because of my pressure on my sinuses from my wisdom teeth. When dealing with health the card means to take stock of everything, and in the past I never did, until my wisdom teeth were removed.

2. Current state of your health-Vig (The World
This card means getting things done. I think that with my health it means that soon the flu season will be gone and I’ll start feeling a lot better. We’ve had a weird winter, and I’ve been sort of under the weather for a while, not really sick, but like when sickness comes on. I think that this card means that soon I’ll begin to start making an upturn.
The thing I’ve noticed with this card is the coils of a snake, they are bent. In my makeup class, I am one of the tallest, and the beds we work with are very low, and I’m constantly bending over and in back pain. I think this card shows that I may need to learn to cope with the pain because the beds are low and all that, it can’t be helped, much like how the snake is holding the egg.

3. Possible future state of your health-Shuh-Niggurath (The Empress)
This card symbolizes good health and fertility. I may not want to be fertile, but it is a sign of good health. As the female is pregnant, it symbolizes that she must be healthy. This card then represents that I will start feeling better soon. She is a wild looking woman, and the card also symbolizes that. This card could mean that I need to start getting out of the house and going places with friends in order to start feeling better.

4. What/who can help you to improve or maintain your health-Well of the Seraph(Hanged Man)
This card symbolizes waiting, and I think for how I feel that is the best course of action. I have a cold that doesn’t want to “die”, so there isn’t much I can do other than wait it out. I think the card symbolizes that I should not look for some deep, divine secret to getting rid of this cold, but just practise waiting.

5. What made you happy in the past-Six of Disks
This card symbolizes material gain. I admit, I’m a very material girl, I like having “things”. This card means that In the past buying new things made me happy.

6. What makes you happy now-Ace of Disks
Though the card still symbolizes material gain, it also means productive labour. I think I’m learning to feel accomplished by what I do, be it makeup practise, tarot readings or working on my BoS. This card means that I’m now accepting personal gains, with maybe very little physical things to show it, and not feel awful, instead of demanding some kind of reward afterwards.

7. Possible event that will make you happy in the future-Queen of Disks
This card represents a shy, mature woman. I think this is the woman I’m becoming. Yes, I’m shy, and some people may take me for granted, my intuition about things is almost never wrong, and having the polite and charmingly shy manner can make people want to trust me. The image on the card is that of a woman making a sort of potion. Since I’m going to be studying aromatherapy soon, I think this card might show that I will indeed be quite good at it.

8. What/who helps augment your sense of happiness and well-being-King of Cups
I love the Cups suit in this deck, it is Egyptian themed.
This card represents a mature man who is very empathic, and can pick up on other’s emotions and mistake them for his own. I think this represents some qualities in my ideal man, someone who is sensitive and artistic and empathic. The figure on the card appears to be doing some sort of ritual, and this man could represents a fellow Pagan I could meet with soon. The time on the picture represents midnight, with in the seasons is represented by winter, which means I will meet this man very soon, before March, or later in the year, after my birthday.