BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Necronomicon Tarot: Do The Altar, It'll Make You Feel Better

1. Two of Wands
This card symbolizes what appears to be some kind of ritual. Though the cad has no religious connotation, aside from what appears to be a ritual, I think this is a card of ritual. The Wiccan holiday Imbolc is coming up on Tuesday, and I’ve been debating on planning a ritual. I think this card is telling me I should.

2. Ace of Cups
This card represents happiness and purification, despite the blood flowing imagery. The card could mean that Imbolc will be a time of renewal for me.

3. King of Disks
This card represents our handyman, believe it or not. It has nothing to do with the other cards. Our handyman is great at what he does, he just takes for bloody ever and is never on time and a whole host of other things. But, he does a good job when he is here. He did the floor in my bedroom. Anyway, the card represents a practical man who is regarded as a bit dull, which is my handyman. He’s very good at what he does, but all he talks about is rescuing cats and not being here on time. He’s supposed to be coming today, so I think the card came up in this reading because it’s on my mind.

Overall
Apart from the really random ending, I think this was a very religious reading. I’m not a Wiccan, but I tend to celebrate their holidays. I haven’t for a while because I’ve been learning everything still. A new deity has been reaching out to me, so I’m going to set up the altar on Imbolc and ask Him to indulge in the offerings I’ll be setting out (Tequila and Mexican chocolate), and give me some clue as to why He’s interested in me. I’ll link this blog to my post on Imbolc the day after, so you can see my altar set up and all that jazz.

The random last card? Let me put it this way: we love our handyman, he does great work. When he actually comes and does the work. He’s always late and doesn’t know how to manage time, so we get really frustrated by him. That’s been on everyone’s mind, because he’s supposed to be here today (he was supposed to be here half an hour ago).