BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Mystic Faerie: Art

1. Three of Pentacles
This card represents doing things you love that make you happy. I have been kind of sitting around not doing anything recently, but I really want to try to do some space art because I love space. I think today this means I need to do things I love, and practise painting space art.

2. Ace of Swords
This is a card of challenge. Again, this relates to space art. I’m not a “good” drawer, I don’t have the right eye for it, as it were. I’m good at photo manipulation, but that took about two years of practise. Now, I’m going to start digital painting of space, and it’s a big challenge. So, I have to learn to cope with the challenge and not get frustrated if I’m not as good as one of the “pros” right away.

3. Five of Wands
This card represents compromise. I think it means that I have to not tell myself I’m just terrible at art, and admit that I’m just learning. Space is a bit subject, and I have to keep looking at legit photos from NASA and art from the pros and learn their styles. If I’m really confused, I just have to work through it.

Overall
So, like I said, I’ve been scouring the internet for things about space art, which is a combination (usually) of photo manipulation and digital paining. So, I’m going to take today to learn how to do space art. I have to go slowly and not make myself crazy about it, which I tend to do if things aren’t perfect. The reading today tells me not to be hard on myself, and I’m going to do m best not to. I am just learning, and, trust me, if I can learn to make makeup even, I can learn to paint nebulas.