BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Mayan Tarot: Be Careful About Indulgence

1. Ace of Wands
This is a representation of the primal force within everyone. The serpent is wrapping around the torch. I think this means that today I will access this primal force and let it free.

2. The Sun
This is an illumination card. The figure is boldly imposed against a blazing sun disk. It is made of bright colours, but there is a strip of black that looks out of place. I think this card means that I will be in the sunlight and everyone will see my strengths (the bold figure) and weaknesses (the black stripe).

3. Eight of Swords
This card shows a quetzal bird. This is the card from Quetzalcoatl (my patron deity). In bird in the image looks like he’s attempting to stop the spears so I think this is a card from Quetzalcoatl saying that he is going to protect me while my parents are away.

Overall
I think this reading is showing me that, since my friends are going to be over, I’ll have the choice to get completely drunk or not. If I do, this would be the release of the primal force. If I control myself, then I will be in control of my primal self, instead of the other way around. This also relates to the Sun card. If I don’t control the drinking, then that black stripe, the flaws, will be thrust to the spotlight.
These cards could mean me controlling the drinking in general, or of my own personal drinking.

The last card is definitely message from Quetzalcoatl. I’m home alone this week, and at night I really freak out. I was shaking really bad last night.