BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 22, 2010

Heart of the Faerie Oracle-First Time

1. 39-The Fixer
This card symbolizes best intentions. The sprite on the card will hide things just so that everything appears right. I think I do this a lot, with friends and family. I’m secretive by nature, and if I don’t tell people anything, then they will think I’m fine.

2. 42-The Lady of Song
This is the card of listening. This lady is connected to the universe. She hears the songs put out by the cosmos. In fact, it is true that our own planets and sun put out a sort of “music”. This Lady is connected to that, and urges one to be connected too. I’ve always wanted to be very connected to the cosmos. I am, sometimes. Sometimes I’m trapped in the mundane. I’d like to be able to switch gears instantly, going from the mundane to the spiritual whenever I felt like it.

3. 41-The Lady of Unicorns
I’m going to get this out of the way first: I love unicorns. Okay, this card is similar to The Lady of Song. This card, however, urges you to become connected with magic. She is the Lady that you should turn to when your beliefs are threatened or on thin ice. I think we all have those days where you just question, “Why do I believe in this?” The Lady of Unicorns will help you understand. I question my faith as much as anyone else, and I think that I need to turn to spirits like Unicorns and Faeries to help me understand, instead of turning to Gods and Goddesses. I think these spirits are more able to cope with something like losing faith.

Overall
This is my first time using this deck, and I’ve found it really accurate so far. Each of these cards has symbolized a different part of me: lying for the greater good, wanting to connect, and losing faith.

At first I was a little wary about buying an oracle deck. I had bought one because it was Egyptian themed, and this one I don’t think I could have put down. I still prefer tarot cards to oracle decks, but these should make a cool addition to my collection.