BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mayan Tarot: Balance!

I’ve always found it hard to keep up on goals. That’s probably why I haven’t done a tarot reading in quite some time. I’ve been caught up in school and my own USBoS, which is at its halfway point to completion.

I’m in the process of creating two personal tarot decks for me to use. When they are done, I’ll start doing readings with them here. One is just a Majors deck, and the other is the full 78 card deck. I hope to get them done within the year, hopefully before summer. We’ll just have to see.

Anyway, to get back into the swing of things, I did a simple reading today.

Indicator: The Law of Itzamà-Justice
This is a card of balance. The figure (I’m assuming its Itzamà) holds a scale that is balanced, not tipped in one way. This card fell out of the deck, which is why I’m calling it the indicator card. I need to find some balance in my life.

1. Two of Wands
Another card of balance. This time it mentioned sharing and co-operation. I’ve never been good with other people, preferring to work entirely on my own. This card indicates that I need to co-operate with others to find a balance.

2. Seven of Wands (Reversed)
This card in its reversed form tends to mean that I have a lack of decisiveness. I can’t make a decision. I need to learn to make decisions if things are going to look up.

3. The Shaman-The Magician (Reversed)
This card, when it’s upright, signifies that the Magician’s power can only be stopped by himself. Reversed, I think it means that he has been stopped by himself and let human weakness overtake him.

Overall
This reading has told me a lot of things I already sort of knew. I’ve been feeling overwhelmed with my classes that offer zero spiritual qualities. Sure, makeup is fun and I’m enjoying the class to a degree, but when all my business plans involve very spiritual things for me (Reiki, gemstone healing, ect) then makeup seems incredibly mundane. I feel almost drained by it, and so I haven’t been able to feel really spiritual. I need to find a balance between these two things.
Maybe starting daily tarot readings will help!