BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Universal Goddess Tarot: My Universal Goddesses


1. The Dark Goddess: Eight of Pentacles-Nu Gua
The Dark Goddess is not the negative side, but the hidden side. Nu Gua is the Chinese creator Goddess. She is a serpent.
The Eight of Pentacles card symbolizes hard work and attention to detail. I think in this position, it shows that deep down, I can work hard and not slack off. Everyone thinks I’m a huge slacker, but it’s only for things I’m not interested in at all. I’m working hard on a lot of things: School, religion and tarot.
Unfortunately, I can’t tell anyone in my family because, again, I’ll be called a huge slacker.

2. The Light Goddess: Knave of Swords-Diana-
The Light Goddess is the side of you that most people can see or know. Diana is the Roman Goddess of the Hunt, associated with the Greek Artemis.
The Knave of Swords card is the card of observation. This card represents someone who is good at watching people. It’s no secret that my favourite thing to do is watch people. I watch people when I’m out in public. I study the movements of actors who are in-character. I think most of my high school career was learning how to read people, instead of learning math.
This card, however, also is the card of a young person, and thus observations made are often rejected due to the youth of the person.
I know this all too well.

3. The Goddess that rules my heart: Queen of Swords-Tara
The Goddess that rules my heart is the Goddess with whom my emotions connect with. Tara is a Hindu and Buddhist Goddess, associated with the sea. That makes sense in this position, the water element has always connected me to, well, everything.
The Queen of Swords is actually one of my favourite cards. The Queen of Swords is an independent, wise woman. She is a leader, who understands the needs of her people. I guess in a sense, I want to be this Queen. Not, obviously, a real queen. But a leader, particularly for the communities I’m in (Pagan, SBs, holistic care).

4. The Goddess that causes me to act: Nine of Pentacles-Rosmerta
She is the Goddess who directs my path. Rosmerta is a Celtic Goddess of business success. This makes a lot of sense in this part. My ultimate goal for earning a living is owning a business.
The Nine of Pentacles card is the card of maturity. This is a very common theme with me, particularly with issues regarding my future.

5. The Sacrifice: Four of Swords-Chang-O
This card represents what behaviours I need to sacrifice. Chang-O is a Chinese Goddess of the Moon.
The Four of Swords card is a card of retreat. When I saw this, I saw almost, like, being secluded from influences that still get me upset. The Moon Goddess aspect of this is making my emotions heightened, and until I can cope with what’s happened, it’s better for me to seclude myself from painful issues. I almost feel like I should meditate on them alone, rather than draw everyone to me for a pity party.

6. The Response: Two of Cups-Psyche
The final card is the Goddesses response to the sacrifice. Psyche is a love Goddess, from Rome.
The Two of Cups is all about partnerships. I don’t think it’s a romance partnership in this regard, I think, relating to Chang-O, it’s about deciding which partnerships are benefitting me and maturely dealing with the ones that don’t.